Philippine Azkals Hottie #2: Neil Etheridge (Bio and Pictures)

Since they are really getting popular not just in the Philippines but in neighboring countries as well after the AFF Suzuki Cup 2010, I thought of compiling the bios and photos of the good looking team members of the Philippine National Football team who call themselves "The Azkals" (Philippine Azkals). Expect to find a post like this in the coming days. Here is Noypistuff's second installment of the Philippine Azkals Hottie series:

Neil Leonard Dula Etheridge

Age: 20

Birthday: Feb. 7, 1990

Birthplace: Enfield, England

Dating status: Single

Position: Goalkeeper

How did you get started in football? I’ve always played football. It is usual for most children in England to grow up playing football; it’s our No. 1 sport. I just enjoyed it, that’s why I stuck with it.

How did it feel to be part of the Philippine team? It was a great experience for me, and it was great to be a part of the team that made history, and made football a part of the Philippines. I feel that we have put one foot in the door, and we plan to keep doing what we do to make sure we can please everyone watching.

What’s the best thing about football? It’s a social, competitive game loved by so many all over the world. I guess that’s why it’s called “the world’s game.”

Describe yourself in one sentence. Fun, exciting, chilled out, social and loud with an open experimental attitude, willing to listen and learn and to give advice to others.

What do you do when you’re not playing football? Shopping, seeing my friends, PlayStation, and eating! (Laughs).

What’s the most unique thing about you? I have an obsession with looking at my phone and contacting everyone at all times, but in the Philippines, this seems like a common thing, so maybe it’s just me. (Laughs).

What’s the sweetest thing a girl has ever done for you? I think the sweetest thing a girl has ever done for me was to surprise me. She told me that we were going to dinner, then the next thing I knew I was watching a live concert, with a late meal.

What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

I think it would have to be taking her shopping, buying her clothes and some jewelry, then after, a romantic candlelit dinner along the river.

What’s your biggest passion? Football, of course, would be one. And life in general. I have a different, maybe interesting, way of looking at things. I like to live life, enjoy it, but also take it seriously, as you never know what’s around the corner. I always work hard in everything I do, and I’m always looking to live and learn about new things.

How do you deal with your fawning fans? I like to keep them entertained, and I like to keep in touch with them on Twitter as much as possible. It’s hard with the time difference, but I do like to interact with as many fans as I can, as they like to know what I’m doing and ask me questions.

Where will we see you next? Next for me would be to contract myself with Fulham for a few more years and make some more appearances for the First Team at Fulham. Also, I would love to help the Philippine National Team move forward in the direction they are moving in.












Bio and interview courtesy of Stef Cabal and Sasha Lim Uy of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. Thanks also to Neil's Facebook Fanpage for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment