American Idol Results Night 6: First male finalist eliminated | Find out who

American Idol Results Night 6: April 15 Top 8 Elimination Episode

Since the Top 13 Finalists started performing in the 10th season of the world-famous "American Idol", girl contestants seemed to find it hard to get enough support from the show's viewers, making 5 of them say 'goodbye' to the competition one-by-one each elimination episode.

American Idol Results Night 6: Paul McDonald sent home | Photo courtesy of Fox

For the first time, a male finalist has been sent home after a nationwide voting - although Casey Abrams was previously voted off but he dodged being eliminated after getting the judges' single 'save vote' for this season.

During the latest episode of the talent search, host Ryan Seacrest announced that it was the end of the line for the charming singer from Nashville, 25-year old Paul McDonald after garnering the lowest number of votes.

With Paul McDonald in the 'bottom three' were Stefano Langone and Haley Reinhart who might be the 'next' to go home since it is not the first time for the two to be in the 'bottom three'.

McDonald rendered "Maggie May" as his 'goodbye' performance in the show. This was requested by judge Jennifer Lopez who became teary-eyed.

Meanwhile, Season 1 champion Kelly Clarkson and country singer Jason Aldean sang "Don't You Wanna Stay' during last's night show. Pop singer Rihanna also showcased her new ballad "California King Bed".

The Top 7 remaining finalists will again battle it out on stage next week.

P.S. Here are the judges' comments on each contestant during the perfomance night episode:

Paul McDonald “Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger
Steven: I love your crazy wild abandon, how it translates to the audience. Jennifer: Every time you come out here, you’re going a little bit further, a little bit further, it’s great to watch. It’s like watching a diamond in the rough and every week, a little more polish. Randy: America you just witnessed the first number at the Paul McDonald concert. I love it. You are definitely an artist.

Lauren Alaina “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus
Jennifer: I loved hearing you sing this, the tear in your voice. You sang it so beautifully, you don’t need to steal anyone’s votes. You’re getting plenty of your own. Randy: The Lauren we saw in Nashville is roaring back. It sounds like it was written for you. Amazing. Steven: I love what you bring to a song, and what a song brings to you. Beautiful. You Move me beyond tears.

Stefano Langone “End of the Road” by Boyz II Men
Randy: Dude! Randy name drops friend from Boys II Men who will be TEXTING HIM ANY MINUTE to say “your man Stefano just slayed the song.” You made the right move at the right time. Best vocal to date. In it to win it! Steven: You know how to milk a song. This is so not the end of the road for you. JJennifer: You got it. It’s about being a great performer. You did it. You did it tonight.”

Scotty McCreery “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
Steven: Scotty I just love your voice. You did it again. You’re good. Jennifer: Everybody wants us to be tough with you guys, but you guys are so damn good. I just want to say wow. Was it my fav song choice? No. But you sang it beautifully. Randy: If it ain’t broke don’t even consider fixing it. A star is born on this stage. You’ve grown so much. I ‘m a huge ginormous fan.

Casey Abrams “Nature Boy” by Nat King Cole
Jennifer: I gotta say, at the beginning I was nervous. I hope America got that. Randy: We have a real true artist on the show. We’ve never had anyone like you ever. It’s about embracing who you are. I can see you making an extended Buble kind of record. Genius. Steven: You are an artist in the truest sense of the world. You do what’s in your heart. YOu believed what was in your heart. You are so good man.

Jacob Lusk “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon & Garfunkel
Steven: It’s astounding how angelic you sing. Incredible. God bless you and your voice. Jennifer: Who does that? You are such a gifted vocalist. You pulled the chills out of me. Randy: I listen to every word. I believe you. I love that you took your time with this. It was perfect. Great job.

Haley Reinhart “Call Me” by Blondie
Randy: I didn’t love the beginning, it sounded very karaoke to me. It wasn’t a showcase for your voice for me. Steven: I agree, but when you nail chorus… you sang it heavy you sang it great. Jennifer: I love when you started, and I kind of agree with Randy, but I’m afraid to say anything negative, I don’t want to lose any of the girls!

James Durbin “Heavy Metal” by Sammy Hagar
Jennifer: That felt really really real. I loved that. They are killing it dead. That was crazy. Randy: I’m happy you stuck to your guns. Tonight you did you. Durbin rawks! Steven: Outstanding Durbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment