Sarah Murdoch Announces Wrong Australia's Next Top Model 2010 Winner



In the live telecast of Australia's Next Top Model 2010, a mistake was made by the host of the show, Sarah Murdoch as she announced the winner of the competition. Instead of Amanda Ware, she declared Kelsey Martinovich as the winner. Just after the two finalists already said their speeches, Murdoch tried to explain saying,

“Oh my God, I don’t know what to say right now. I’m feeling a bit sick about this. No. I’m so sorry about this. Oh my God. I don’t know what to say. This was a complete accident.”


“It’s Amanda, I’m so sorry. It was fed to me wrong. Oh God. This is what happens when you have live TV folks. This is insane. Insane, insane, insane.”


The controversy lead to the producers of the show offering both models to send to New York to meet with Elite Model Management and also giving Kelsey a consolation prize worth $25,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment